Monday 12 May 2008

Freebird And All That.

Been a very eventful last 5 days.

Had CET on Friday. I hadnt studied much for it and as far as i am concerned i dont give two hoots for Engineering. One of my friends made a point about Engineers being mass produced in the country today and i think she was spot on ! Anyways, enough of the propaganda. My CET center was some Marathi medium school not very near my house. It looked in a desperate state of disrepair from the outside and a tad like those rundown buildings which have a high probability of ghastly spirits farting out loud. The invigilators were 'marathis' of the highest order. They gave the instructions in chaste marathi and derived sadistic pleasure as some of us looked around, trying to decipher the seemingly alien tongue. The fan rotated so slowly that even Liverpool could have won the premier league before it completed one complete revolution.In this sweltering heat i committed the cardinal sin of forgetting to apply the deo and if the person sitting behind me could not do too well in his exam, he isnt entirely at fault. Anyways,I did the best i could .No more exams for atleast a month now.

Next day, i had Laser Surgery of the eye. Merchant navy supposedly have this criteria of a 6/6 vision. Maybe it has to something with the fact that spectacles and navy suits look hideous together. Anyways, the surgery took just about 10 minutes but the experience was quite intense. Certainly, not for the faint hearted.After the surgury, I wasnt allowed to watch TV, sit of the PC and read books for a day , so i called up a few old friends begging them to talk to me , as i sat in bed with new found vision and my boredom for company.

As my vision turned from blurry to clear and with the subsequet decrease in the levels of paranoia in my parents, i started reading the cult book 'Five Point Someone'. It has been two years of people telling me how i absolutely cannot afford to not read it , but i was too into John Grisham and Frederic Forsyth to give a fuck about some IIT mugger talking about his nerdy friends and strict professors and how he bumbled about in front of hot females (all supposed characteristics of students of the famed institute). Anyways, i loved the book and i could not help but not help but admire the work put in . I loved the author's cynical outlook towards life, which reminded me a bit of myself.

Manchester United have retained the Premier League title. It feels heavenly. Take a blow , lads. Been a fantastic season. Alex Ferguson, I fucking love you, sir.


P.S - Just announced, ISC results out on the May 17th. The worms in the stomach are starting to squirm and wriggle out. Shit !

9 comments:

Ramit Singal said...

Five point someone is a lot of fun. Pity people look at the literary side of it, for it's not meant to be that! It's short, crisp, and sort of makes you feel okay about not getting into IIT! ;)

Hail MUFC.

Nikhil said...

Good blog!

BTW this is Nikhil M. from ISC.

results on 17th may? the cisce website says details to be announced on 17th may.

Rohit Saha said...

Thanks, i was under the impression that the results are on 17th may !

เอก อุดมสุข said...

Im a big big fan of spurs !! Hopefully, nexy year we'll achieve something better than this year likes FA cup,Uefa cup ^^

Nabila Zehra Zaidi said...

LOL....

Liverpool and the fan... hahahaha... superly loved the comparison!!

Gosh...you sound like a racist against Marathis in the first half, but I understand, what it is like to be surrounded by Marathi speaking invigilators for a CET exam on a hot day, without some deodorant (eoooww!!).

Omg... another Man-U fan here... :) Yay!!

And all the best for the ISC results...!! ;)

Cheers!!

Rohit Saha said...

Hehe, thanks but i assure you that i am no racist. It was written in pure jest :)

Unknown said...

United have won !!!!

By the way a speedy recovery for your eyes ...

Anonymous said...

ant the reds go marching on on on!!!!!

moving quote moving said...

Hi you are doing a great job. I was looking for this information. I found it on your page its really amazing.I am sure that these are your own views. I hear exactly what you’re saying and I’m so happy that I came across your blog. You really know what you’re talking about, and you made me feel like I should learn more about this. Thanks for sharing useful information; I’m officially a huge fan of your blog.

Warning

All the stuff in this blog are creations of the dastardly and severely demented mind of the person to whom this blog belongs to, unless mentioned otherwise.

A request here to kindly resist the temptation to reproduce things from my blog and show it as your own in order to impress your friends because if i find out, i will drag your plagiarist arse to court and have Micheal Jackson falsely accuse you of molestation.