Wednesday 21 May 2008

Kings Of Europe

I distinctly remember the day we were knocked out of the First round of the Champions League by Benfica. I remember lying down on my bed and looking at the dark ceiling and wondering if it would ever come back again. At that time , we had gone two years without the Premierleague and with almost no hope of winning it that year as well. The mediocrity was painful and watching our ineptitude in Europe tore my soul. But with Sir Alex at the helm, i knew that his third great team would come, sooner or later.Fast forward one year, and we are again beginning to play football expected of Manchester United. We were back to tearing apart teams without breaking sweat and scoring a bucketful of goals. Most importantly, the swagger was back. I knew we had turned a corner.

Three years after that heart shattering defeat at Benfica,i have experienced the most surreal night in my life. The whole game just passed me by as a dream and when Edwin saved Anelka's shot, we had reached the promise land, again. I remembered all those hollow promises i made to God during those dark days in order to make us win it again, and couldnt help but cry as they all celebrated the glorious triumph. I watched Ronnie sobbing on the floor and i am convinced that he is here to stay. He is going nowhere. Ramon Calderon, Bernt Schuster and all you Madrid fucks, he is ours. You can take your grub and shove it up where the sun dont shine.

Last night I felt an immense sense of pride , just so proud of the way that they played the game, ,so proud of their determination, doggedness,skill, courage and desire . They have displayed all the characters which epitomises Manchester United. It was wonderful to see the youngsters enjoying themselves and now that they have tasted this kind of glory, they'll want to drink from the well of it a lot more often. For players like Paul Scholes,Edwin Van Der Sar and Ryan Giggs, what a fitting achievement as sun begins to set on their playing careers - but let's not forget the inspiration that they have given to all those young kids around them. The ghosts of Leverkusen, Madrid, Porto,Benfica and Milan are finally put to bed.

Yes, it was a fitting tribute to the Busby Babes,and i am sure that they are having a party up there as i write this. Them along with Sir Matt and George Best. Thank you for watching over the lads and enjoy the party. I knew that you would have never let us lose.

Manchester United - Champions of England, Kings of Europe. The First Double after Cantona and the kids.

3 comments:

Sadique Ali said...

nice article, bro !
well written, I really like the part about Benefica. Was one of the saddest days of my life.
But then,as you said, we have put those memories to rest and we are the Kings of Europe.
Glory,Glory, ManUtd !

Unknown said...

on the contrary lol i never really bothered about being in the mediocrity as you have put it , after the benfica game , i was depressed alright , but not for like missing out on europe :)) its a fucking cup competition and if a person like fergie had actually really wanted to only win the cups , he could have very well prioritized it in the early 2000s or in the mid 90s !

The man's life aim was 18 !!!
and while he was at it , just to prove that the squad was a great squad , he wanted to cap it off with one european cherry !


which is what he did :))

move companies said...

Hi you are doing a great job. I was looking for this information. I found it on your page its really amazing.I am sure that these are your own views. I hear exactly what you’re saying and I’m so happy that I came across your blog. You really know what you’re talking about, and you made me feel like I should learn more about this. Thanks for sharing useful information; I’m officially a huge fan of your blog.

Warning

All the stuff in this blog are creations of the dastardly and severely demented mind of the person to whom this blog belongs to, unless mentioned otherwise.

A request here to kindly resist the temptation to reproduce things from my blog and show it as your own in order to impress your friends because if i find out, i will drag your plagiarist arse to court and have Micheal Jackson falsely accuse you of molestation.